Email newsletters are a great way to stay in touch with your customer base. If done correctly, they can be a big boost to your marketing efforts. Think about how you subscribe to newsletters and what you think of them upon arrival in your inbox. Your customers just may feel the same way.
Build a quality email newsletter experience
Your customers get lots of email. Your newsletter needs to stand out and be an invited guest in their inbox. Here are some tips for creating a quality customer experience with your email newsletters:
- You should always let customers opt-in to your email newsletters. Don’t sign people up automatically without telling them.
- Easily allow subscribers to unsubscribe. Offer instructions or a link to do this at the end of every newsletter
- Let your customers browse older newsletters on your site before they sign up. This will help them decide whether or not your newsletter is worth their time.
- Explain how often you’ll be sending them emails and then stick to it!
- Give your newsletters proper titles. Include your company name or newsletter name in the title.
- Write good content. If your newsletter is nothing but advertisements, you won’t keep many subscribers.
- Ask for feedback. Invite your subscribers to send you comments, questions, or suggestions. This will give them a more interactive experience and will help refine your newsletter to better serve your customers’ needs.
Other newsletter helps
Here are some other articles that will help improve your email newsletter: