My wife and I like to eat out at restaurants to escape the drudgery of the everyday. However the birth of our now 4 month old son has put a pinch on our social outings. The other day we were craving a restaurant meal but not some deplorable fast food when we discovered the beauty of “curb side to go.”
The Johnny Carino’s by our house offers a “curb side to go” format of take out. You call in your order, pull up in your car, and they bring your food out to you. Although not a new invention or unique to this restaurant, it is a beautiful thing!
Conventional Interactions with Customers
You may have been doing business a certain way for years. Customers always arrive a certain way and purchase your product in another predictable pattern.
Think for a minute how you could break these conventions to allow even more customers to come to your door. How could you make a “curb side to go” feature for your business?
Do Business Differently
There are several facets of business that can be varied to gain and retain more customers:
- Extend your hours
- Open your business on the weekend
- Allow your customers to shop online anytime they want
- Provide an “express” service for those on the go or frequent customers
- Open branch offices or stores closer to your customer base
- Provide a delivery service or house call option
- Maintain your website so potential customers can access you from anywhere
Focus on other ways you can improve these aspects of your business:
Make it Convenient
Your customers are often in a hurry and may not stop at your business unless you make it easy for them do to so.
How can you make your product or service more convenient in terms of time, cost, and overall experience?