Andy Sernovitz, founder of the Word of Mouth Marketing Association, delivers an amazing step-by-step guide to building word of mouth buzz around your company and products in his Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking,
In keeping with the principles Sernovitz outlines in his book, the companion website wordofmouthbook.com has a plethora of information to peak your interest.
The Word of Mouth Marketing Manifesto
- Happy customers are your best advertising. Make people happy.
- Marketing is easy: Earn the respect and recommendation of your
customers. They will do your marketing for you, for free.
- Ethics and good service come first.
- UR the UE: You are the user experience (not what your ads say you are).
- Negative word of mouth is an opportunity. Listen and learn.
- People are already talking. Your only option is to join the conversation.
- Be interesting or be invisible.
- If it’s not worth talking about, it’s not worth doing.
- Make the story of your company a good one.
- It is more fun to work at a company that people want to talk about.
- Use the power of word of mouth to make business treat people better.
- Honest marketing makes more money.
The book takes you through the basics of word of mouth marketing and then jumps right into practical tips you can start implementing today. In fact, the author guarantees that after reading his book, you can pick one of his techniques and start seeing an immediate increase in attention to your company.
Buy a Copy – Word of Mouth Marketing is a short-yet-solid manual on leveraging the power of your customers and others to do your marketing for you. You can foster these marketing efforts and see your business bloom significantly more than if you try to do everything yourself.
Buy Word of Mouth Marketing from Amazon.com.