I saw an article about the Boating Industry’s top 100 dealers. They identify some important criteria for your business:
If your company:
- Displays a consistent and clear understanding that the profitability of the organization is directly related to the extent that it focuses on customer satisfaction
- Provides customers with an experience worth returning for and recommending to others
- Prepares for future success with sound planning, marketing and training initiatives
- Delivers on the dream that the boating lifestyle promisesÃ¢â‚¬Â¦
Then you need to apply and be recognized as one of the top dealers in the United States.
Now, before you think “I’m not in the boating business,” think about how these principles apply to your business. Ask yourself these questions:
- What are you doing to improve customer satisfaction?
- Are you getting any referrals? Why?
- Do your customers return? Why?
- Are you looking to the future, or resting on your laurels?
- Do you deliver on the dream and expectations your customers have?
Take the steps to be a top 100 company in the boating business, and apply them to your situation. In so doing, you’ll see the difference and can measure the success.