Self SEO had a good article on why you should be monitoring your website statistics. Their reasons include:
- Learn what your visitors and site users do and do not like about your site.
- Track and correct any issues or defects you detect within your site.
- Improve your marketing efforts and eliminate wasted time and money.
- Understand exactly what your target user wants in your site content, determine your business marketing needs, improve your return on investment (ROI), drive customers to your virtual front door, enhance their experience, and promote a higher rate of repeat customers.
- All your efforts to capture attention will do you no good if you can not see what works and what is a waste of time.
You’ll never know what your online visitors are up to if you’re not paying attention. Without accurate reporting, you may be focusing your efforts on low ROI projects.
Making solid decisions requires having the proper information. Website statistics and metrics help you get that information.